Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
...or as I like to call it "aisu koohii" with "miruku". I'm Japan-crazy, what do can I do!! This is a really refreshing simple low calorie drink for those hot summer days that won't have you worrying about your waistline!
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (or any artificial sweetner, to taste)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ice cube
- Add the coffee to the cold water and let it sit for a while, around 5 minutes (because theres no heat to transfer the flavour to the water, it needs time to mix).
- Add the milk, sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to the coffee and stir.
- Add ice cubes before serving. Pour into a tall glass. Enjoy.
Such a great recipe! Will definitely make this again and again. Thank you so much for sharing!
A great pick-me-up today while I was doing some gardening. I used espresso powder and fat-free half-and-half, and replaced the Splenda and vanilla with sugar-free raspberry syrup, but kept the cinnamon. Nice, smooth flavors. And I like not having to pour HOT coffee over ice and wait for it to cool. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.
Loved this, instead of pouring over ice I blended the whole recipe with the ice and ended up ith a wonderful, coffee flavored smoothie that was low-cal and full of flavor. Will have this again whenever I feel like pampering myself. Thanks Ima-Chan for a really nice drink recipe that is easy to make.