Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great recipe from the Loblaws calender. It is much lighter and refreshing taste than traditional stir fry. the green tea flavour really adds a new dimension. You can also add some cayenne.
- 16 large shrimp, raw, peeled
- 5 cups green tea, divided
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 12 ounces Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 (2 g) bags green tea
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 fresh bean sprout
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Make 5 cups of green tea.
- Reserve 2 tea bags.
- Reserve 1 cup, and paoch shrimp in 4 cups of green tea with half the garlic and ginger.
- Simmer 4 min (should be opaque but not cooked) heat the peanut oil in a preheated deep frying pan.
- lower heat slightly.
- add the remaining garlic, then stir in cabbage, snow peas, broccoli, peppers, carrots, and contents of 2 green tea bags.
- Stir fry for 4 minutes.
- add 1 cup green tea, rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp sesame seed oil, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce, cover and cook for 3 ninutes.
- remove the lid and stir in rest of sesame seed oil, bean sprouts, water chestnutt and shrimp, toss for 1 minute.
- Garnish with green onions and voila!
This was yummy! I was pleasantly suprised. Thanks.