Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wife and I are on low fat, low calorie, high fiber diet. My normal dressings are great, yet have more calories than we want to have so I got inventive with this variation of vinegarette. It's a very tangy, sweet salad dressing with only 20 calories per tablespoonful. Tastes best on mixed salad greens or on mixed fruit salad.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons splenda granulated sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar, leveled
- 1 teaspoon mustard (I use Frenchs yellow prepared)
- Mix all ingredients except oil.
- Whisk well.
- Add finely crushed garlic clove.
- Stir well and microwave all ingredients for 40 to 50 seconds, depending on your microwave wattage. Mine is 1200 watts and I set mine at 40 seconds).
- May be served either warm, at room temperature, or chilled. The cooking lets you enjoy the garlic taste without the odor.