Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A "Jessipe" in attempts to copy cat Go Lean oatmeal. Instead, I got this great low cal granola that also makes a pretty tasty hot cereal (even if not exactly what I was trying for.)
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine oats and cereal in large bowl.
- Add applesauce and stir until crumbly.
- Spread evenly over large baking sheet and drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
- Increase oven temp to 350°F.
- Add "fun" stuff: dates, raisins, nuts, etc. Note: If you like "chunky" granola, drizzle another 1 T of honey at this step and "clump" into clusters.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until dry and golden.
- Cool and serve. For hot cereal, use 1:1 ratio with favorite quick cooking cereal.