An easy to make one-pot recipe from a 1997 hand-written recipe card. A nice combination of dates and nuts with readily available baking supplies. You can substitute raisins for the dates if you like. You can wrap each square individually in foil paper and freeze them for when you need a treat! One square is only about 160 calories and 5 grams of fat per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3Melt butter gently in a heavy bottom saucepan. Remove pan from heat.
- 4Add dates, eggs, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- 5Mix in baking powder.
- 6Gently stir in flour, nuts and cinnamon.
- 7Spread batter into prepared baking pan evenly.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 9Cut into 12 bars (4 rows one way and 3 rows the other way) or other serving size desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Cal Easy Energy Bars
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.1
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 143.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g