Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a lovely sauce to serve over poached salmon or trout - Look at the calories and combine that with poached fish and you have a very tasty meal that is weight conscious
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Mix 1/2 cup milk, mustard, salt and dill weed in a sauce pan, stir and warm over medium heat.
- Mix the cornstarch with a tbsp of milk to dissolve it.
- Add cornstarch to the milk, stir and bring to a slow boil, lower heat and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Just before serving stir in lemon juice.
Tasty, no one ingredient stood out, excellent on poached cod. We made extra to pour over pasta shells. Easy to make and will be made again.
I think this was pretty good. Creamy, a lot of dill flavor. I think it is missing something though. Maybe a little white wine? I'll probably try it again and play with the recipe some.
This one was delish. I put in closer to a tablespoon of dill, just because it was the first of the season and I was hungry for it. It was easy and went really great with our fish.