Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lower fat/calorie creamy pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (1/4 c. fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces dry pasta, angelhair
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small head of broccoli, pulled into tiny pieces
- Put the water and salt on to boil.
- After boiling, add pasta to the pot and cook for 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl put the oil, basil and garlic, then mix with a whisk.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl.
- Now add the broccoli to the boilng pasta in the pot and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- When time is up, drain pasta mixture in sink, then immediately add the hot pasta mixture to the items in the bowl.
- Stir well to distribute.
- Add the fat free half and half, the parmesan cheese and the chopped nuts.
Very pleasant, maybe a little bland for our taste, but a good pasta dish. Another time, I would use fresh basil, and perhaps finely chop some sun-dried tomatoes into it, although that would change the fat/calorie, count, of course. A nice supper dish, though!
Will make again, didn't change a thing. Made for Fall PAC 2008.