Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
So Simple and very few ingredients. This recipe uses frozen immitation crab meat. The trick to this recipe is to prepare the salad while the crab meat is still partially frozen. Not all immitation crab is the same, so sample until you find one that has the right flavor for you.
- 2 lbs partially frozen imitation crabmeat
- 1 medium sized green bell pepper
- 3 -4 fat green onions
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- Place the crab meat in a large bowl.
- Clean bell pepper and discard the ribs and seeds. Cut into quarters and then grate the pulp side with a small holed cheese grater onto the crab discarding the skin.
- Thinly slice green onions & add to the bowl.
- Add mayo & mix well breaking up the crab with your spoon as you mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours allowing the crab to defrost completely.
- Stir and serve with your favorite BBQ foods.