Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this in a summer cookbook and had to try it--it is really yummy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (400 g) packagesthin-cut lean pork loin steaks
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 150 ml white wine
- 150 ml rich pork stock
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook the pork steaks in batches over a high heat for 1 minute on each side until lightly browned.
- Remove from frying pan.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Arrange pork steaks, lemon and lime slices and thyme leaves in a shallow, ovenproof dish.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil, season generously.
- Mix the white wine and stock.
- Pour into the dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
- When the pork is tender and cooked through.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables, or salad if preferred.