Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was experimenting one night and my sweet tooth was really hurting for chocolate so I came up with this recipe. It can be made sugar free and non fat and it still tastes really rich.
- chocolate cake, batter-
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free margarine
- 2 cups sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 egg whites
- peanut butter, batter-
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (splenda)
- 3 teaspoons fat-free margarine
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Chocoalte cake batter-.
- In a large bowl mix and sift flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix butter, sugar and the egg whites untill the mixture becomes frothy.
- Begin to add the chocolate powder to the egg mixture slowly.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and mix thouroughly.
- Pour in to greased 9 inch circular pan.
- Let stand in a warm area.
- Peaunt Butter Batter.
- Mix the flour and baking soda set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg whites, splenda, and butter.
- Gradually add the peanut butter. (its way easier to do this with a mixure).
- Add mixture to the flour and slowly add the milk.
- When mixture is finished it should be pretty heavy and globby.
- Take a large spoonfull of the peaunt batter and drop it on top of the chocolate cake. Make sure you spread the drops evenly untill the peanut batter is gone.
- Take a knife and gently swirl it through the whole cake, while making a swirling effect.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour. Cake should form a brownie top and start to harden when fished.