Recipe by ElaineAnn
ZWT6 - Asia
Top Review by breezermom
I really enjoyed this soup. It was a rainy day, and a cold front is moving in.....cold for here, about 65 degrees. I roasted my chicken, used homemade chicken broth, and everything else was as posted. I garnished with the parsley, and at the last minute decided to add a bit of chopped green onions. Served with some soy sauce on the side to be added as desired by the diners. Looking forward to the leftovers at lunch tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! Made for your win in 2010 Week 8 Football tag.
- 709.77 ml canned chicken broth
- 248.05 g can creamed corn
- 236.59 ml cooked chicken, skinned and diced
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml cold water
- 2 egg whites
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, finely minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken broth, corn and chicken in large saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Blend cornstarch with cold water and add to soup.
- Continue cooking, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; stir into soup. Reduce heat and cook until foam is gone. Garnish with parsley. Serve hot.