Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A main dish with warm chicken chili atop crunchy salad greens. When my kids were too young to appreciate salad, I made a separate bowl for them with half the chicken chili, chex, and cheese topped with some of the dressing. Not as healthy, but they liked it!
- 4 ounces thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4 cups lettuce
- 6 ounces shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- Mix together first four ingredients to form salad dressing. (If you can do this several hours or even a day ahead, it's even tastier.).
- Brown onion in sprayed skillet. Add chicken, beans, water, and taco seasoning. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place lettuce in large salad bowl. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- When chicken mixture has cooled to warm, pour over lettuce and cheese. Pour dressing over all and sprinkle with Corn Chex.