Recipe by froggyleggs
A little bit different from the original version, to help with calories!
Top Review by Chef RZ Fan
Thankyou for this one and for helping to lower my calories. DH loved it on Super Bowl Sunday. The Smart Balance was a really great idea. The only thing I changed was the seasoning. We are also our watching salt intake around here so for the spicing I used a home made Creole Seasoning Mix "Recipe #191938" which was good but I may fine tune a bit more for this recipe. I happened to have a batch already mixed so I used that. This recipe is such keeper it is going in my Zarr Stars Cook Book. Thank you!
- 6 tablespoons Smart Balance light butter spread
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex
- 4 1⁄2 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup pretzel stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt smart balance in a saucepan.
- Add worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, heat until hot and mixed together.
- In large pot or bowl add the chex mix and pretzels together.
- slowly add a little of the liquid mix on top of the chex, adding a little, shake the chex like you would when adding butter to popcorn.
- Repeat this process until the liquid mix is all gone.
- get a lipped baking sheet and place the chex mix in and stir.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
- stir every 15 minutes.
- let cool and store in air tight container.