Recipe by cinderbear57
My mom started making this after my dad became diabetic, everyone that has tried loves this slaw! it's a great low cal alterative and only 1 point on WW!!
Top Review by Goody2shz
This tasted perfectly fine as is, but was a little boring for my taste. I don't like to use artificial sweeteners, so I used stevia instead and used much less than the recipe called for. Maybe that was the problem. I ended up adding a bit of sesame oil, a handful of chopped cilantro and a few sprinkles of cumin, and that helped make it a little more edible.
- 1 small cabbage, thinly sliced (1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Equal sugar substitute, measure or 8 packets Equal sugar substitute or 8 packets Equal sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper