Recipe by Perfect Pixie
these are a really good start to your day, hey feed them to the kids, they wont even know they are low in calories
- 210 ml buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 75 ml water
- 1 medium egg
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 225 g frozen berries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 100 g Greek yogurt, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk buttermilk, maple syrup, egg and water in a bowl until combined.
- whisk in flour, cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
- heat frying pan over a high heat, spray with oil spray.
- add 2 or 3 heaped spoonfuls of batter, allow to spread.
- cook for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- turn, cook for 1 minute.
- transfer to a plate, keep warm.
- repeat to make 8 pancakes.
- drain the berries, reserve juice.
- heat juice in pan with the arrowroot until slightly thickned.
- serve the pancakes with berries warmed juices and greek yoghurt.