Recipe by dolphyn722
irish low calorie brown scones, i haven't actually tried this yet, but hope to soon!
Top Review by Enjolinfam
This turned out to be really good! I don't know that they tasted like scones to me since they weren't fried and that's how I'm used to eating scones, but yummy bread to enjoy instead of the scones I'm used to and these were MUCH healthier. :) Thanks! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except yogurt; mix well. Make a well in the center of the flours; add 1 cup yogurt. Stir just until moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently knead until dough holds its shape. Place on greased cookie sheet; pat out into 7 inch circle. Brush with 2 Tablespoons yogurt.
- Bake at 400F for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.