Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This a delicious indian dessert that uses a bottle gourd squash. You could substitute grated zuchhini. I plan to add a picture of the bottle gourd when I buy one for anyone who wants to know what it is.
- 1 cup gourd (peel the zucchini first) or 1 cup zucchini, grated (peel the zucchini first)
- 2 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar or 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ghee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Mix the dry milk in 1 cup water and make a smooth paste.
- Heat the ghee.
- Add the squash and lightly saute.
- Add the milk, milk powder mix and the sugar. Simmer on medium heat till squash is cooked.
- Add the cardamom powder.
- Serve warm or chilled.