I love nachos, but hate the guilt associated with consuming such a high fat indulgence. I found this recipe in Light Cooking Entertaining. A very nice book for dinner parties, especially if you want to serve good food without clogging people's arteries! This recipe includes instructions on how to assemble the nachos as well as a great bean dip recipe. The fat content is four grams for 4 nachos. Good health and happy eating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 4 (8 inch) low-fat flour tortillas, cut into wedges, whatever shape you want
- 1 cup black bean dip (store bought or homemade,recipe included)
- 1 cup shredded fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup baby shrimp
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream or 1/4 cup light sour cream
Home made Black Bean Dip
- 1To prepare nachos: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray cooking spray on cookie sheet and place tortilla wedges on baking sheet.
- 3Spray tortilla wedges with cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes.
- 4Turn wedges over, spray again and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- 5Prepare black bean dip (you may skip this step if you have store bought dip) Spread each wedge with 1-2 teaspoons.
- 6of black bean dip.
- 7Top with spinach, 1 teaspoons.
- 8shrimp, and 1 teaspoons.
- 10Sprinkle with cheese and add a small dab of sour cream on top.
- 11To prepare Black bean dip: Heat olive oil in a sauce pan, sautee garlic and onion until tender and set aside.
- 12Drain beans (I know I said don't drain them, but here you will reserve 2 Tbl. of the liquid) Combine beans, reserved bean juice, chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, liquid pepper and place in a blender.
- 13Puree until smooth.
- 14Mix in green chilies and onion and garlic mixture and mix well.
- 15May serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Cal Black Bean and Shrimp Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (1281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 92.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat flour tortillas
black bean dip