Recipe by Meghan at Food.com
I've had a couple of black bananas just starin' me in the face for the last couple of days. I just couldn't let them go to waste, so here's what they turned into! (Inspired by Spark Recipes: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=288655) The husband and I thought this was the perfect recipe for just the two of us.
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons egg whites (I use the egg whites in a carton you can easily pour)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- salt, just a dash
- 1 teaspoon honey, preferably local
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray six muffin cups with cooking spray or line with papers.
- Stir together the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir in the honey.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.