Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super easy and budget wise Pasta Dish in a thick cheesy tomato sauce with pieces of sauteed hot dogs.
- 453.59 g pasta (Rigatoni or Penne or any tube shaped pasta)
- 1474.17 g of your favorite canned tomato sauce (2 x 26 oz cans)
- 28.39 ml water
- 28.39 ml half-and-half or 28.39 ml milk
- 59.14 ml onion, diced
- 6 hot dogs, sliced or 6 equal amount kielbasa, cut in half and sliced
- 59.14 ml shredded cheese (e.g cheddar, mixed)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 slice bread
- instant broth
- Dice onion and saute in 1 tbs olive oil in a pot, large enough to also boil the pasta inches.
- Ad uncooked pasta, tomato sauce, water and half and half.
- Season with salt, pepper, basil, oregano and some instant broth to taste.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir frequently.
- While pasta and tomato sauce cook, slice hot dogs into 1/4 inch slices and saute in some butter until browned on both sides and ad too the pasta/sauce mix, continue to cook until pasta reaches preferred consistency. If necessary, ad some more liquid (e.g. water, half and half) should pasta absorbs too much sauce.
- Right before serving, stir in shredded cheese.
- Serve with buttered slices of bread.
- The dish should have the overall texture of a baked casserole: thick, the sauce will be mostly absorbed by the pasta. Leftovers heat up great in the micro wave the next day.