Recipe by TasteTester
The key to getting stick-to-the-ribs results is to use a bottled thick teriyaki glaze rather than a thinner teriyaki sauce. This is a hands-off slow cooker recipe that turns out moist, tender and wonderfully flavored ribs.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 English cucumber, seedless, peeled and thinly sliced (12-14 oz.)
- 10 ounces peeled and shredded carrots
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ribs and teriyaki glaze, spreading teriyaki to coat ribs on all sides. Put coated ribs in slow cooker. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low setting 8 hours or on high setting 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir cucumber, carrots, and rice vinegar until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, transfer ribs to cutting board; cut into portions. Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid. Arrange ribs and salad on dinner plates. Spoon remaning liquid over ribs.