I had a Boston Butt Pork Roast and I didn't want to use a crockpot and don't have a grill, so I came up with this method.And thought it came out pretty well.As with all my recipes, please adjust the seasonings according to your tastes. Submitted on August 31st.2010.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together all dry ingredients,( at this time, taste and see if seasonings need to be adjusted ) set aside.
- Line a small roasting pan with foil ( makes clean up easier ).
- Rub roast all over with brown sugar mixture, then place roast,onto another piece of foil, and wrap tightly.if needed use another piece of foil to make sure no liquids come out.
- Bake for 4 or 5 hours, then remove foil from top of roast to drain excess liquid.
- Turn temp up to 350 degrees.
- Top with BBQ Sauce and bake for another 1 1/2 hours if roast is getting too dark cover with foil and continue baking.