1/3 Photos of Low and Slow Boston Butt Pork BBQ ( Oven Method )
7 hrs 15 mins
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I had a Boston Butt Pork Roast and I didn't want to use a crockpot and don't have a grill, so I came up with this method.And thought it came out pretty well.As with all my recipes, please adjust the seasonings according to your tastes. Submitted on August 31st.2010.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl mix together all dry ingredients,( at this time, taste and see if seasonings need to be adjusted ) set aside.
- 3Line a small roasting pan with foil ( makes clean up easier ).
- 4Rub roast all over with brown sugar mixture, then place roast,onto another piece of foil, and wrap tightly.if needed use another piece of foil to make sure no liquids come out.
- 5Bake for 4 or 5 hours, then remove foil from top of roast to drain excess liquid.
- 6Turn temp up to 350 degrees.
- 7Top with BBQ Sauce and bake for another 1 1/2 hours if roast is getting too dark cover with foil and continue baking.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low and Slow Boston Butt Pork BBQ ( Oven Method )
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 787.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 25.3 g