Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Just in time for your Valentine, turn down the lights and share these lucious morsels with your sweetie !!
- 12 large firm strawberries
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate baking square
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate square
- 2 -3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Wash and dry berries, draining on paper towel.
- Melt the chocolate squares in the microwave, stirring until smooth.
- Using a clean needle, inject the Grand Marnier into the hull of the berries.
- Dip the bottom half of the berries into the melted chocolate.
- Chill, uncovered on a wax paper covered pan.
- Serve with 4-6 hours.
- Silk pajamas optional.
Made these for my Bunco group as it was a Valentine theme. My SIL is a nurse and she got me the needle and syringe, and no one could believe how I got the Grand Marnier into the strawberries! The only thing I think I did wrong was dipped the strawberries in chocolate first to save time and then "injected" the Grand Marnier and refrigerated. Well, the chocolate was stuck to the plate, I didn't have any wax paper. But otherwise, they tasted delicious and were a big hit!