Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a really rich drink made with kahlua and Odense Almond Paste.
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces Kahlua
- 2 ounces almond paste, chopped
- whipped cream
- 6 sliced almonds
- Heat all Hot Chocolate ingredients over low heat, stirring till all chocolate is melted.
- Place in a blender with a towel over the lid slowly blend till frothy.
- Pour into two mugs and top with garnishes.
- Sip slowly and enjoy!
How could this be anything other than wonderful? Thick and rich deep chocolate with almond and Kahlua, wow. If this doesn't satisfy your chocolate longing nothing will. It's something special to share with someone special. Made for Comfort Cafe, Jan 09.
I made this on Valentines day to unwind after dinner when DD went to bed and my DH (who is not big on Choc) and I loved it so much I made another batch. I couldn't find almond paste so I used Marzipaan and it turned out lovely. We've decieded to make this a tradition on V-Day. Thanks!!!
A perfect warm-you-upper on a cold winter afternoon! To lower the calories, I skipped the whipped cream ........ it was still delicious. Thanx Rita!