J. Bradshaw Sr.'s Note:
This is a wonderful dish if you love cheese along with chicken. I cooked this for my wife when dating and now on romantic evenings as I find it seems a perfect "lovers dinner" to me. So it is a cheesy chicken that is very tender and is also accompanied with a slight beef flavor, just enough to touch your palate, I love it and hope you do, it is fairly quick and fairly simple but makes anyone enjoying it think it took the day to fix! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take your chicken, you may wish to buy split or you will have to split them yourself and clean very well, I cut any fat off and remove all skin, this is optional to you but I find it does make a difference.
- 2After cleaning your breast set them aside in the refrigerator and turn oven to preheat at 350°F
- 3While the oven is preheating you will need to get out your block of cheddar cheese and start cutting it into strips, keep them the length of the block but make them thin enough to pack into the split breast as you will place a few in each one.
- 4After doing this you need to take your block of cheddar, you may use sharp, and cut it into small blocks so you may melt on the stove top or microwave if you wish (I use the stove as you must constantly stir).
- 5After done please take your breast out and open them up as wide as you can then place two or three pieces of the chipped beef in each one with the beef open up.
- 6Once done please take your slices of cheese and place inside along in a row until you find it looks cheesy enough for you or until closes comfortably. I have tied this before so you may wish to as well.
- 7Take a casserole dish and put your olive oil in the bottom and let it lightly coat, as it would prevent sticking from cheese but puts a hint of taste as well.
- 8Put your chicken in casserole dish and Place in the oven. Now get ready to prepare your sauce :-) Take a 4 quart pot and place your cream cheese in, over medium heat stir constantly.
- 9When it is melting good start adding your pre-cut blocks of sharp cheddar.
- 10As it starts to get a medium orange look at the time on your chicken and at this point your sauce will be done once all is melted.
- 11Please note that once you start your sauce it will be finishing about the same time as your chicken and may be turned down if needed be but caution quick burning on it.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lover's Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (757 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2101.4
- Calories from Fat 1415
- Total Fat 157.2 g
- Saturated Fat 83.4 g
- Cholesterol 638.0 mg
- Sodium 5091.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 160.7 g