Recipe by DoubletheGarlic
Add a sweet-salty crunch to any leafy salad or thick soup!
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
OMIGOD! This is more than just a little salad topper! It's a snack, a great yogurt mix in.... I've already hoovered the first batch without my BF getting any - back to the grocery store for more sunflower seeds I guess! Made for PAC Spring '11
OH! Just realized what it reminded me of! Sesame Snaps I used to buy as a kid...
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used olive oil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon honey, heaped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan (I used an iron one), toast sunflower and sesame seeds with the oil for five minutes on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat; using the after-heat of the pan, continue stirring a couple more minutes until desired "toastedness".
- Add all the dry seasonings to the seeds. Mix well.
- Cut the honey into the seasoned seeds until well combined.
- Enjoy over salad, thick soup, or baked into bread!