Recipe by joanna_giselle
This is my own invention and I always use it as a delicious entree for a dinner. You can make it ahead and it looks lovely on the plate.
Top Review by Ilysse
Whats not to love? Very important to use the plastic wrap to line the cups! But with a little help they came out anyway. I used baby muffin cups and this made 12 little rounds. They were perfect for a Shabbat lunch and would be great for a party appetizer at this size...Everyone loved them so good...no tabasco for us tho and no parsley...
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 300 g cream cheese
- 2.46 ml capers
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml lemon zest
- 4.92 ml spring onions or 4.92 ml chives
- 4.92 ml parsley
- 0.59 ml sambal oelek or 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 4 holes of a muffin tin ( I use one with rectangular muffins) with cling wrap, using individual pieces for each hole.
- Line each opening with the smoked salmon slices so that it goes up the sides and overlaps a little.
- In a small mixer combine the remaining ingredients which have been finely chopped( you can add in any salmon left over).
- Carefully fill in the cream cheese mixture into the salmon lined muffin tin.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Take out of the tin, unwrap and decorate with lemons slices, olives or capers.Serve with crackers.