Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my own invention and I always use it as a delicious entree for a dinner. You can make it ahead and it looks lovely on the plate.
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 300 g cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon spring onions or 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sambal oelek or 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Line 4 holes of a muffin tin ( I use one with rectangular muffins) with cling wrap, using individual pieces for each hole.
- Line each opening with the smoked salmon slices so that it goes up the sides and overlaps a little.
- In a small mixer combine the remaining ingredients which have been finely chopped( you can add in any salmon left over).
- Carefully fill in the cream cheese mixture into the salmon lined muffin tin.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Take out of the tin, unwrap and decorate with lemons slices, olives or capers.Serve with crackers.
Whats not to love? Very important to use the plastic wrap to line the cups! But with a little help they came out anyway. I used baby muffin cups and this made 12 little rounds. They were perfect for a Shabbat lunch and would be great for a party appetizer at this size...Everyone loved them so good...no tabasco for us tho and no parsley...
Yes, outstanding! We used the smallest tweaks -- a bit of seasoned salt in the cream cheese, used more capers (chopped), spring onions and parsley. Quantities were increased to make 6 molds -- we served it as part of a cold dinner. It was followed by a lovely salad also found on Zaar, and a fairly rich dessert. This is a great recipe, Perfectionist Cook! Thank you.
This is amazing! We had some friends over for a movie and I made this early in the morning before going to work. If you have everything lined up this is so quick and easy to do. I actually used a mini-muffin tin so these would be bite-sized and each to just pop in to your mouth and enjoy the flavor. I actually cut the salmon long on purpose so when I filled the molds with the cheese mixture I then folded over the salmon on top to make little parcels. I used a local hot sauce. I love the flavors bursting from these babies, the lemon, the capers, the tiny little bite of hot sauce! Everyone was so impressed, and these were devoured in moments! The amount called for in the recipe actually made a lucky 13 mini-bites, I should have quadrupled the recipe based on everyone's reaction. Thanks for such a winner! Pity I can give only 5 stars, this deserves at least 50!