Recipe by Chef Patience
For pasta, steak, whatever stirs your imagination. From Food Everyday issue 9.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dried mushrooms, rinsed
- 4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak mushrooms in water for about 30 minute
- Drain thoroughly, reserving liquid.
- Chop roughly.
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Add shallot, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minute.
- Add mushrooms, saute until golden brown, stirring often.
- Pour in reserved mushroom liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the cream.