- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until the rice is cooked and carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl. Using an immersion blender. Purée to desired consistency, adding more water to thin if necessary.
- To store, spoon puréed mixture into 2 ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen, transfer cubes to a labelled freezer bag or storage container.