Recipe by Hadice
I have been making baby food and purees for the last 5 months. I love it and baby does too! I was confident baby would turn this recipe down but this is one of his absolute favorites! Credit goes to Annabel Karmel and her fabulous baby food ideas. After preparing a batch of this, I spoon portions into an ice cube tray, flash freeze, remove from trays and then store in bags in the freezer. Two cubes reheated is the perfect portion for a hungry nine month old
Top Review by StefV
I made this for my nine month old baby girl. She loved it! This recipe is definitely a keeper. The only changed I made was using homemade chicken broth. I also used red lentils. Thanks for the delicious combination.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lentils
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable stock or 1 3⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan saute the onion, carrot, and celery in vegetable oil for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add lentils and sweet potatoes and slowly add stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer.
- Puree in a blender and portion out as desired. This recipe will make anywhere from 5-10 servings.
- Can be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for 6 weeks.