I have been making baby food and purees for the last 5 months. I love it and baby does too! I was confident baby would turn this recipe down but this is one of his absolute favorites! Credit goes to Annabel Karmel and her fabulous baby food ideas. After preparing a batch of this, I spoon portions into an ice cube tray, flash freeze, remove from trays and then store in bags in the freezer. Two cubes reheated is the perfect portion for a hungry nine month old
- In a medium saucepan saute the onion, carrot, and celery in vegetable oil for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add lentils and sweet potatoes and slowly add stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer.
- Puree in a blender and portion out as desired. This recipe will make anywhere from 5-10 servings.
- Can be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for 6 weeks.