1/3 Photos of Lovely Lentils (Baby Food)
I have been making baby food and purees for the last 5 months. I love it and baby does too! I was confident baby would turn this recipe down but this is one of his absolute favorites! Credit goes to Annabel Karmel and her fabulous baby food ideas. After preparing a batch of this, I spoon portions into an ice cube tray, flash freeze, remove from trays and then store in bags in the freezer. Two cubes reheated is the perfect portion for a hungry nine month old
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan saute the onion, carrot, and celery in vegetable oil for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 2Add lentils and sweet potatoes and slowly add stock.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Cover, reduce heat and simmer.
- 5Puree in a blender and portion out as desired. This recipe will make anywhere from 5-10 servings.
- 6Can be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for 6 weeks.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lovely Lentils (Baby Food)
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: