Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Very easy summer treat. You may use whatever dippers you like 8)
Top Review by Margie99
This was good, got great reviews at the bible study. It did make an awful lot. I would only make a half batch next time. We paired it with a chocolate mint fondue and they complemented each other well.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- shortbread cookie
- cake, cubed
- mini meringue
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan, blend the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in water until smooth.
- Bring to boil over medium heat; cook stirring for 1 or 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat stir in the butter, lemon juice and peel until butter has melted.
- Place in a fondue pot; keep warm.
- Serve with dippers and enjoy.