Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very easy summer treat. You may use whatever dippers you like 8)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- shortbread cookie
- cake, cubed
- mini meringue
- In heavy saucepan, blend the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in water until smooth.
- Bring to boil over medium heat; cook stirring for 1 or 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat stir in the butter, lemon juice and peel until butter has melted.
- Place in a fondue pot; keep warm.
- Serve with dippers and enjoy.
This was good, got great reviews at the bible study. It did make an awful lot. I would only make a half batch next time. We paired it with a chocolate mint fondue and they complemented each other well.