Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favourite cakes.
Make and share this Lovely Lemon Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Spray a 22 cm square oven pan with non-;stick spray.
- Place the butter, caster sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl and beat until well blended.
- Add the lemon juice and rind and beat well.
- Sift in the self-raising flour and baking powder, beating until well blended.
- Turn into the prepared oven pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cake is done.
- Cool slightly.
- Prick the top of the cake.
- Heat the ingredients for the topping until just melted.
- Pour over the cake and slice while still warm.
- Makes a medium-sized cake.