Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favourite cakes.
- 225 g soft butter
- 250 ml caster sugar
- 4 extra large eggs
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml fresh lemon rind
- 500 ml self-raising flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 125 ml caster sugar
- 30 ml honey
- 2 lemons, rind and juice
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Spray a 22 cm square oven pan with non-;stick spray.
- Place the butter, caster sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl and beat until well blended.
- Add the lemon juice and rind and beat well.
- Sift in the self-raising flour and baking powder, beating until well blended.
- Turn into the prepared oven pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cake is done.
- Cool slightly.
- Prick the top of the cake.
- Heat the ingredients for the topping until just melted.
- Pour over the cake and slice while still warm.
- Makes a medium-sized cake.