1/9 Photos of Lovely Lemon Bar Cookies
1 hr 15 mins
While on vacation this summer I enjoyed the book "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder" by Joanne Fluke. Not only was the plot a fun read but the author interspersed some good recipes throughout the book. This is one of the recipes. I want to forward the book to my Zaar Used Media Swap partner today and I am posting the recipe here so I can try it later. The author did not indicate the serving size, prep time, etc. so I am guessing. I will update after I make the recipe. Prep time does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees, rack in middle position.
- 2Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- 3Cut each stick of butter into eight pieces.
- 4Zoop it up with the flour and powdered sugar in a food processor until it looks like coarse cornmeal (just like the first step in making a piecrust).
- 5Spread it out in a greased 9 x 13 pan and pat it down with your hands.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- 7Remove from oven - but don't turn the oven off!
- 8Mix eggs with white sugar.
- 9Add lemon juice & zest if you want to use it.
- 10Add salt and baking powder and mix.
- 11Add flour and mix thoroughly. (This will be runny - it's supposed to be.).
- 12Pour this mixture on top of the pan you just baked.
- 13Stick it back into the oven.
- 14Bake at 350 degrees for another 30-35 minutes.
- 15Remove from oven and sprinkle on additional powdered sugar.
- 16Let cool thoroughly and cut into brownie-sized bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lovely Lemon Bar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.6
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 286.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g