Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
While on vacation this summer I enjoyed the book "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder" by Joanne Fluke. Not only was the plot a fun read but the author interspersed some good recipes throughout the book. This is one of the recipes. I want to forward the book to my Zaar Used Media Swap partner today and I am posting the recipe here so I can try it later. The author did not indicate the serving size, prep time, etc. so I am guessing. I will update after I make the recipe. Prep time does not include cooling time.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees, rack in middle position.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cut each stick of butter into eight pieces.
- Zoop it up with the flour and powdered sugar in a food processor until it looks like coarse cornmeal (just like the first step in making a piecrust).
- Spread it out in a greased 9 x 13 pan and pat it down with your hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven - but don't turn the oven off!
- Mix eggs with white sugar.
- Add lemon juice & zest if you want to use it.
- Add salt and baking powder and mix.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly. (This will be runny - it's supposed to be.).
- Pour this mixture on top of the pan you just baked.
- Stick it back into the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for another 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on additional powdered sugar.
- Let cool thoroughly and cut into brownie-sized bars.
I have made Lemon Bars for years, and this is closest to my old recipe. Thanks for adding it QueenBee49444. The only changes I made were to add the zest of one lemon and 1 teaspoon of Lemon extract to the lemon mixture. Wonderful recipe! Thanks again!!!
This didn't have as much lemon flavor as I would have liked. I think if I try it again, I will cut down on the sugar in the lemon layer and increase the lemon juice.
I made these over Christmas... and will add them to my Christmas goodies to make. I have put them in my Book #232436 cookbook, so they will certainly be made many more times. Thanks Queen Bee!!!