Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A plateful of these cute candy creatures really hits the spot! Here's how to bring a bunch to life.
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 15 black jelly beans
- 1 cup red candy melts (we used Wilton Candy Melts)
- toothpick (optional)
- black decorating gel
- Mix the peanut butter, butter, and confectioners' sugar together until well blended. Roll the mixture into about 30 (1-inch) balls.
- Place the balls on waxed paper and gently flatten their bottoms.
- Slice the jelly beans in half and push one half into each ball to make the ladybug's head.
- Melt the red candy chips according to the package directions. Spoon the melted candy over each ball. If you need to, use a toothpick to evenly distribute the candy coating.
- After the coating hardens, use the decorators' gel to add a stripe and spots to each bug.