1/3 Photos of Lovely Fluffy Chocolate Mousse Scroll
1 hr 10 mins
My Mum and I found this recipe in our local supermarket's food magazine. It was an Easter/Mother's Day theme. All very pretty. Next time we went out we got the ingredients and I got stuck in in the kitchen. This recipe is so fluffy from the sponge. It goes perfectly with the moose. It's still nice a few days later as well, when the sponge goes a little stiffer. Yum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 dash vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 25 g butter, melted
- 2Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 3Crack the eggs into a nice big bowl and beat them until nice and fluffy and pale. Slowly add in the caster sugar while still beating until thick and shiny. Add the vanilla now.
- 4Into the same bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa and melted butter. Gently fold this into the egg mixture, taking care not to knocked out all that air.
- 5Pour the mixture into a greased and lined baking tray, approximately 18cmx28cm.
- 6Bake for around 8-10 minutes. The sponge should be just pulling away from the edges.
- 7Cool before flipping out onto baking paper, or put onto a cooling rack presentation side up.
- 9Heat up 3/4 cup of the cream until it is just about to boil. Pour this over the chocolate and butter and mix till it's all combined and glossy. Set aside and wait till it's cool.
- 10Set aside 1/2 cup of the chocolate mixture to make little chocolate easter eggs to pop on top, and another 1/4 cup for a sauce to drizzle on top when finished.
- 11Once the mixture is cooled, whip up the left over 3/4 cup of cream and fold in the chocolate. Now, the recipe said to then 'whisk until firm', but I almost turned mine to butter. I would say just fold it in and leave it at that.
- 12Generously spread the moose over your lovely sponge and roll it up firmly. But not too firmly, just until the ends over lap. You can now chill it until you are ready to serve.
- 13To decorate, drizzle your reserved chocolate over the top, make some eggs by rolling up the cold chocolate and dusting with cocoa powder and make some chocolate leaves - Either paint some clean glossy leaves with melted chocolate or simply cut some basic shapes from grease proof paper and dip one side in the chocolate. Chill before using.
- 14Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lovely Fluffy Chocolate Mousse Scroll
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.0
- Calories from Fat 540
- Total Fat 60.0 g
- Saturated Fat 36.0 g
- Cholesterol 239.4 mg
- Sodium 251.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 16.8 g