Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
One dish meals are my favorite. This is served in a bowl, very balanced and healthy. Yummy flavors. Watercress is peppery and fun.
- 1⁄2 lb mini scallops
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cleaned, devined
- fresh parsley, to taste, chopped
- fresh dill, to taste, chopped
- fresh thyme, a couple of sprigs
- 1 bunch watercress, barely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup corkscrew macaroni, cooked to package directions
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lemons, juice of
- salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta per package directions but add the thyme and basil leaf to the pasta water, and also add 1 pad of butter, a glob of olive oil with a splash of sea salt. This makes the pasta flavorful.
- Place the vegetable broth in a pot and add the butter, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Simmer this - never bring to a boil! Add the fish and slowly simmer it till fish is pink and cooked through.
- When fish is done, take off heat and add the dill and parsley. Divide the watercress in half and place in each serving bowl. Place the pasta on top, then pour the fish with some of the broth over it all. Yum.