Lovely she says and lovely she means. This is so simple and very tasty. I have borrowed the sauce from Meatballs Meatballs by Lali- I had some frozen so my dinner was so easy. Full credit goes to Lali for this recipe - without you I couldn't have done it! Use approximately 1 cup of the sauce but you can tell if you want more or less on the liver There may be a bit of extra sauce but it freezes well.
- 1 lb beef liver, medium thick sliced (just over 1/4-inch)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil (for the pan)
- 20 small fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 cup catsup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons vinegar
- Mix sauce ingredients together.
- Coat the liver in the Panko Crumbs.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Brown the liver on both sides.
- Add mushroom, they will help scrape up all the crumbs, broen 2 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce, cover and simmer 15 minutes over medium heat.