Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This rub is from the Loveless Cafe in Nashville, Tennessee. It is great on pork butts, pork loins, and turkey breasts. I love to use it on ribs also. This is the rub that I use when I smoke my pork butt all day. Yummy!
- 6 ounces light brown sugar (1/2 of a 12-oz box)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dried thyme
- 1 cup oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1 cup seasoning salt (I use Loveless Seasoned Salt)
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1⁄8 cup celery salt
- 1⁄8 cup fennel seed
- 1⁄8 cup paprika
- Mix all the ingredients together. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- When ready, rub the seasoning into all sides of your meat until it is covered. Grill or cook your meat as you prefer.
I cut this way down for 2 chicken breasts. It was delicious! I didn't have fresh oregano so used dried and left out seasoning salt. We're reducing salt where we can. I will be using this one again! Made for Zaar's Newest Tag Game 2011.