1/2 Photos of Loveless Cafe's Braised Pork Chops
1 hr 15 mins
Mama Schmid's Note:
These are absolutely amazing! While home with the flu, I saw the chef from the Loveless Cafe in Tennessee on the Martha Stewart show. She made these pork chops on the show and they looked so good that I had to try them. My entire family loved them. As usual, I reduced the sugar content by using Splenda's brown sugar instead of the real stuff. I also doubled the sauce, which you won't regret. Note: Recipe from "Southern Country Cooking from the Loveless Cafe," by Jane and Michael Stern.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Brown pork chops on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together mustard, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt with 1/3 cup water.
- 4Pour over pork chops. Reduce heat, cover, and cook until tender, about 1 hour.
- 5Transfer pork to a serving platter.
- 6Raise heat to medium-high and cook sauce until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 7Pour sauce over pork chops; garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loveless Cafe's Braised Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 113.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 45.3 g