Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Loveless Cafe has been a famous resturant/hotel in Nashville Tennessee since 1951. To this day they still serve great country recipes. Everything they make is from scratch, including this pie. Enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecan pieces
- 1 (10 inch) pie crusts
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together with a wire wisk until smooth.
- Place the pecans in the pie shell.
- Pour the custard mix over the nuts and bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until filling puffs up and rises about the edges of the pie shell.
- Carefully remove the pie from the oven and let cool before slicing.
I am lucky enough to live 5 minutes from this delightful place, and I can attest to the fact that this pie is quite delicious!