Recipe by yogi
The title says it all.
Top Review by Mirj
This is a fantastic low carb meal (can you guess I'm on a diet these days?)!!! I had originally intended on making another recipe of Yogi's for the Pick Your Chef weekend, but life got in the way and was not able to get around to making it. I'm so glad I waited, because this recipe just jumped out at me and begged me to make it, and it was a real treat! I didn't actually measure vegetable quantities, just threw in whatever was available (lots and lots of mushrooms and red peppers). I used mozzarella cheese mixed with some Romano cheese, and layered everything in a baking dish. Actually, I first wilted the spinach in the microwave, and then baked it all in the oven so the cheese was all bubbly and even crispy in places. This really is a great recipe, versatile in so many ways. It's a great vegetarian main course or a wonderful side dish. Yogi, my experience with all your recipes is that they rock, and this one does as well! Thanks so much!
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small serrano pepper, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 5 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook garlic, serrano pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, squashes, bell pepper& onion in oil 7-10 minutes or till tender.
- Alternate layers of vegetables and spinach in a large skillet.
- Top with cheese, cover and cook over low heat 3-5 min.
- till spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.