1/1 Photo of Love This Chocolate Glaze
Drizzle this glaze over pound cake, angel food cake, or vanilla ice cream! Cook time is the time for the glaze to harden. From the "What Can I Bring? Cookbook" by Anne Byrn, author of "The Cake Mix Doctor."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a small suacepan over low heat, about 2 minutes.
- 2Stir in the cocoa powder and milk. Cook the glaze, stirring, until it thickens and comes to a boil, about 2 minutes.
- 3Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 2 cups of confectioners' sugar, adding more if needed to make the mixture smooth and a little thicker than pancake syrup; don't let the glaze get too thick.
- 4Ladle the warm glaze over a room temperature cake and let sit until the glaze hardens, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Love This Chocolate Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 816.2
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 95.8 mg
- Sodium 323.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 117.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g