Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A heart-warming, flavorful beverage from Le Bernardin's Eric Ripert as published in our local newspaper.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried lemon grass)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped (or 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger)
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 5 cardamom pods, cracked
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 2 cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried peppermint
- 1 teaspoon earl grey tea (or one teabag if you can't find loose tea)
- 1 teaspoon green tea (or one teabag if you can't find loose tea)
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 4 teaspoons orange blossom water
- Bring 4 1/2 cups of water to boil in a saucepan.
- Turn off heat and add the first six ingredients.
- Mix lightly, cover and let mixture steep for five minutes.
- Add peppermint, Earl Grey and green tea.
- Allow to steep another five minutes.
- Pour into each mug or cup 3/4 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of rosewater and 1 teaspoon of orange-blossom water.
- Strain tea and pour into each mug and stir.
- Serve hot.
This is delicious! I was nervous that the rose and orange blossom waters would be overpowering, but the flavours were quite well balanced. By the time I got to the bottom of the cup, I did find the flower waters to be a little potent for my tastes, and I'll probably halve them next time. While I generally don't sweeten my tea, the honey was really wonderful here. I used dried lemongrass, dehydrated ginger slices, and 3 bags of mint tea, while otherwise following the recipe as directed.
This is a great fresh tea. I did leave out the anise seed and only used 4 cardamom pods, as 5 seemed too much for such a small serving. I loved the rose water in here. I think that is where the Love tea comes in. The smell of this potion was divine! Made and reviewed for the recipe of the day in the Comfort Cafe - Thanks! :)
Oh! Yes Love Tea. I enjoyed this lightly sweetened and lightly flavored tea. There are lots of flavors but made subtle with little steeping time. I used fresh mint and garnished with fresh lemongrass. Made for comfort cafe. Thanks for the comort.