A heart-warming, flavorful beverage from Le Bernardin's Eric Ripert as published in our local newspaper.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried lemon grass)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped (or 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger)
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 5 cardamom pods, cracked
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 2 cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried peppermint
- 1 teaspoon earl grey tea (or one teabag if you can't find loose tea)
- 1 teaspoon green tea (or one teabag if you can't find loose tea)
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 4 teaspoons orange blossom water
- Bring 4 1/2 cups of water to boil in a saucepan.
- Turn off heat and add the first six ingredients.
- Mix lightly, cover and let mixture steep for five minutes.
- Add peppermint, Earl Grey and green tea.
- Allow to steep another five minutes.
- Pour into each mug or cup 3/4 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of rosewater and 1 teaspoon of orange-blossom water.
- Strain tea and pour into each mug and stir.
- Serve hot.