Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Re-use your old heart-shaped Valentine boxes, and fill with some of these tasty treats. Your Valentine will thank you! And this is SO easy with the microwave, you have NO excuse!
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped (of course)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 ounces dark chocolate confectionary coating
- 4 ounces almond bark (or white chocolate)
- Butter two cookie sheets (do NOT try using wax paper--the caramel will stick to it).
- Combine caramels, butter and water; zap in the microwave (uncovered) on high power for about 3 minutes--STIRRING every 30-45 seconds. Add the pecans and stir.
- Drop from a spoon (use a knife to keep things neat) onto the BUTTERED baking sheets.
- Chill sheets for an hour or freeze for 15 minutes (caramel will be set).
- Coarsely chop both the dark chocolate and the almond bark/white candy coating.
- Melt chocolate and bark in the microwave, on high for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Line cookie sheets with waxed paper.
- Dip pecan clusters in the chocolate; place clusters on waxed paper. Chill until firm.
Mercy! These are wonderful, easy and a great addition to my Christmas cookie platter. Thank you so much!
So easy to make. Thanks for posting. Just what I was looking for.
These should be outlawed, they are just way to good! after all the caramels are unwrapped these are easy to make and extremely habit-forming...great treat Debber, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)