1/1 Photo of Love Nests
Always inspired by what I see and read! Hope this SIMPLE recipe your heart, soul and mind it does feed! :) NOTE: I used Barilla Pasta Wholewheat Spaghetti 3 times as much fiber as regular pasta and tastes GREAT too! I broke the ingredients up re Marinara Sauce then method, Bechamel Sauce then method, then ingredients for filling and method. Is NOT that difficult and if you have any questions, PM me :) WHOO HOO! So NOT rinse the pasta! :) ORIGINAL SOURCE: http://whatsonthelist.net/2013/03/22/love-is-in-the-air-love-nests/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (28 ounce) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 6 anchovies, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 40 g pancetta, finely diced
- 40 g sausage meat
- salt and pepper
- 10 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 125 ml milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 120 g fresh ricotta
- 75 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed, WELL drained of any excess liquid
- 65 g sun-dried tomatoes
- cooking spray
- 250 g dry pasta
- 1Heat deep fry pan then add oil; fry onions for about 3 minutes; add garlic; fry additional 2 minutes until onions are soft.
- 2Add in tomato paste; stir for about a minute until combined.
- 3Add in diced tomatoes in tomato juice, bay leaf, anchovies, water, red pepper flakes and xylitol; adjust to personal taste.
- 4Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 45 minutes.
- 5In additional fry pan, fry pancetta and chorizo sausage meat until golden brown; add to marinara mixture.
- 6Marinara done! :).
- 7In a saucepan, add all bechamel ingredients (except cheese) and stir "continuously" with a wooden spoon until sauce thickens.
- 8Heat oven to 180°C (350F).
- 9Place breadcrumbs on a baking tray; bake for 5 minutes (until dry, not browned); remove; set aside.
- 10In a bowl, combine ricotta and spinach.
- 11Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water; cook for 7 minutes (al dente); drain; oil spray; set aside for about 10 minutes.
- 12Place 1/2 cup of cooked pasta into a plastic measuring cup. Place the 1/4 plastic cup inside the cup with pasta. If you don't have plastic measuring cups, you get the idea that the spaghetti needs to be "packed" down tightly; can do by hand while pasta is "in" something.
- 13QUICKLY, turn measuring cup over onto marinara sauce; be gentle but quick lol You want it so it looks like a mound.
- 14G-E-N-T-L-Y, with the back of a teaspoon push down on the spaghetti to form a round hold without going through the bottom of the spaghetti. You can stop with the teaspoon fits inside the nest with a bit a room around it too!
- 15Place 1 - 2 teaspoons of spinach ricotta mixture in the base of the nests. with a spoon (or with your fingers ;-) ) GENTLY push down until it covers the base. You do not want to push too hard that the nest will collapse. ;-).
- 16Top with 1 -2 teaspoons of bechamel sauce.
- 17Top with breadcrumbs; can add a few pieces of shredded cheese (optional).
- 18Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Love Nests
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 809.1
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 1368.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: