Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in A Taste of Home.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup butter flavored cracker, crushed
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Add chicken and water; heat through.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the soup, sour cream, water chestnuts, and almonds.
- Pour into eight greased 1-1/2 C baking dishes. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.