Recipe by Brenda
I have made this recipe for years. I don't remember where it came from. It is very easy and delicious!
Top Review by Kitsmomma
I made this for my daughter's pot -luck sports banquet, and it was a huge hit! I put it in a large trifle bowl, and lined the sides with alternating bananas and vanilla wafers. I didn't use the vanilla flavoring, used 2 boxes banana and 1box vanilla pudding (that's what was in the cupboard...and it still turned out great. Left a can of whipped topping for kids to top it off, and it was all gone!! Would make it again, super easy!
- 3 boxes banana instant pudding or 3 boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring or 1 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1 package vanilla wafer
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sliced bananas in a medium bowl.
- Mix 2 cups cold water with 2 tsp.
- lemon juice.
- Pour over bananas.
- Drain bananas before using in pudding.
- In large mixing bowl combine; puddings, sour cream, milk, Half (8oz) of Cool Whip, and flavoring.
- Mix on medium speed until well blended.
- Layer wafers, pudding mixture and sliced bananas alternately.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and wafers.