Recipe by La Dilettante
My fun-girl bridge group came over last night for snacks, dessert, cocktails, and---oh, yes, cards, of course! As the weather has been H-O-T as the hammered hinges of Hell lately, I wanted to serve something cool and refreshing. I found a recipe for "white sangria" in my file, no idea of source, and fiddled with it (omitting the cup of sugar, for one thing; the lemonade concentrate is already sugary enough!) until I achieved this "Absolut" stunner of a summer beverage. Cheers, y'all!
- 2 (750 ml) bottlesdry riesling wine
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, frozen in ice-cube trays
- 1 1⁄2 cups Absolut pear-flavored vodka
- 1 ripe Anjou pear, peeled, cut up, and frozen
- 1 green Anjou pear, sliced thin
- 2 kiwi fruits, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Put wine and vodka in the freezer for a few hours ahead of serving time.
- In a blender, combine vodka, pineapple ice cubes, and pear pieces. Blend until slushy, and add to chilled wine and lemonade concentrate, in large pitcher with sliced pears and kiwi.